CTI Global is an IT Service Provider headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and working in select countries across the globe. We provide cloud based solutions via IaaS, DRaaS and Backup as a Service. We currently have a presence in Dublin, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Jamaica and New Jersey.
We run a friendly energetic atmosphere to work in and have a keen interest in developing new ideas for business using consumer technologies due to the consumerisation of IT. We are always looking for new ways to innovate and welcome fresh ideas and approaches in the business.
We are a fast growing IT Services company in need of an experienced Senior Project Engineer Level 3 to join our team in providing exceptional IT solutions to our accounts. We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working on multiple IT implementation projects centering on Windows Server, Exchange Server, basic L2/L3 networking and firewall configuration. Common projects include network builds/redesign; AD upgrades/migrations/mergers; office moves; ISP changes; virtualization; application server upgrades. Small/medium business consulting experience is a strong plus.
This position does include working independently at client sites; therefore, excellent interpersonal communication and time management skills are critical for customer satisfaction and success.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following technical qualifications:
- In-depth understanding and facility with Microsoft Windows Server technologies, including Active Directory theory and design.
- In-depth understanding and facility with Microsoft Exchange Server, including design best practices and troubleshooting.
- Experience having configured multiple firewalls from scratch, based on business needs and security best practices. SonicWALL and Cisco experience desired.
- Basic facility configuring network switch VLANs and link aggregation.
- Virtualization experience – (VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Terminal Services application server and/or Citrix Presentation Server experience is a plus
- Three to Five years plus of experience supporting corporate and SME networks
- Current Microsoft certification – ideally MCITP (Server) or equivalent
- Excellent customer relations and troubleshooting skills
- Capable of installing Server 2012 R2, Hyper-V, Exchange, and Office 365
- A current MCITP (Enterprise Admin) or the 2012 MCSE
- Experience in an IT Services Company
- Experience in SharePoint, Office 365,
- Networking experience (VLAN’s, Routing, Scanning), router, and firewall configuration (SonicWALL, Cisco)
- Installing and migrating Windows servers
- Hyper-V experience
- Experience with Online Backup configuration and support
- Experience with high level installations
In addition to technical skills, successful candidates for this position will demonstrate and agree to be evaluated on:
- Comfortable dealing with customers and their vendors to ensure projects are done on time and within budget constraints.
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on a prioritized task list spread over multiple projects and customers (time management).
- Able to follow and produce written step-by-step procedures for unfamiliar technologies.
- Super written and oral communication skills, including awareness of when to ask for help.
- Physical Server and Storage Area Network Builds – Hands on experience is key.
- vCenter and vSphere 5.x – 6.x
- Networking (WLANs, VLANs, DNS, DHCP)
- Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012 R2
- Firewalls and Networking
- Windows Estate
- Office 365
- Microsoft Certified a must
- Implement solutions architected by 3rdlevel Systems Architects.
- Provide technical and procedural guidance to Network operations support
- Maintain these systems via Change control and BAU processes
- Work on escalated requests or incidents from Network operations support
- Diagnose complex technical issues and involve appropriate resources to speed problem resolution e.g. 3rd party vendors.
- Provide follow-up status to customers in accordance with specific customer SLA’s.
- Participate in an “on Call” engineering support system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in IT based Projects at customer sites.
- Hands on experience building servers and storage.
- Experience in the support of complex systems
- Work well within a deadline-driven environment
- An ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified team.
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in designing, planning and implementing technical upgrades and migration strategies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and commitment to work outside normal working hours, when required
- Results focused
- Documentation driven
- Process driven with ITIL experience is a plus
- Good Planning & Organising skills
- Team Player with Ability to skill up those beneath them
Company Job Benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Training and Development Plan
- Death in Service Scheme
- Mobile Phone
- Computer Equipment (Laptop)
Please email us your CV to email@example.com mentioning job position