CTI Global is an IT Service Provider headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and working in select countries across the globe. We provide cloud based solutions via IaaS, DRaaS and Backup as a Service. We currently have a presence in Dublin, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Jamaica and New Jersey.
We run a friendly energetic atmosphere to work in and have a keen interest in developing new ideas for business using consumer technologies due to the consumerisation of IT. We are always looking for new ways to innovate and welcome fresh ideas and approaches in the business.
Job Purpose Summary
A Pre & Post sale Infrastructure Engineer will be part of our Core Engineering Team supporting our Caribbean Infrastructure. Candidate will be responsible for supporting existing production environments, performing installations, and troubleshooting infrastructure issues. These systems are almost entirely running VMware Solutions supporting Windows environments for dedicated and multitenant clients.
This is a level 2 engineering role within a 3 level support system and an Engineering role within project team. The role also offers an opportunity to be involved at the design stage of the customer solution and be involved in the pre-sale opportunity with the local Sales team in various Caribbean markets. This means you would be working with our clients to design Infrastructure solutions to their challenges, work with our Architects based in Dublin to innovate new solutions and help shape the product portfolio that we offer. This will suit an individual with engineering experience that would like an opportunity to move into the Pre-sales design side cloud solutions and gain some valuable commercial experience as well as the primary function of the role which will be the Infrastructure builds and ongoing support.
Location:Miami or Florida region – Home based with up to 75% travel to select regions in the Caribbean markets.
Technical Engineering Experience
- Physical Server and Storage Area Network Builds – Hands on experience is key.
- vCenter and vSphere 5.x – 6.x
- Networking (WLANs, VLANs, DNS, DHCP)
- Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012 R2
- Firewalls and Networking
- Pre – Sales design experience in Infrastructure solutions and client facing activities would be an advantage. Some examples of these activates would be
- Jointly attending prospective customer meetings with the sales team in order to help articulate the CTI DRaaS and BUaaS cloud solutions and services.
- Gathering Customer requirements and mapping them closely to a solution, whilst been supported from the core pre-sales team in Dublin.
- Helping to document the proposed solution and present back to the customer
- Liaising with vendors to solution assure the various elements of the solution and provide appropriate Bill of Materials
- Providing customer demonstration of solutions
- Answering the technical aspects of tender responses
- Build and Install virtual infrastructure platforms in our Data Centre and in some instances on end user client sites.
- Maintain these systems via Change control and BAU processes
- Provide technical and procedural guidance to Network operations support
- Work on escalated requests or incidents from Network operations support
- Manage and maintain the core Infrastructure.
- Diagnose complex technical issues and involve appropriate resources to speed problem resolution e.g. 3rd party vendors.
- Provide follow-up status to customers in accordance with specific customer SLA’s.
- Participate in an “on Call” engineering support system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3rdlevel primary degree in engineering or science related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in infrastructure environments
- VMWare VCP5/6
- DELL/HP Certifications (Compute and Storage)
- Networking or Firewall Certifications
- ITIL (beneficial)
Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in designing, planning and implementing technical upgrades and migration strategies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and commitment to work outside normal working hours, when required
- Results focused
- Documentation driven
- Process driven with ITIL experience is a plus
- Good Planning & Organising skills
- Team Player with Ability to transfer skills to other engineering co-workers
Company Job Benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Training and Development Plan – Initial training on DRaaS and BUaaS in Ireland will be provided.
- Death in Service Scheme
- Mobile Phone / Computer Equipment (Laptop)
- Remuneration range is $85K to $100K depending on qualifications and experience
- Travel allowance
Please email us your CV to email@example.com mentioning job position